The Alliance for Wisconsin Youth brings together coalitions, individuals and resources for a common goal that affects young people through the promotion of positive youth development. This goal of preventing substance abuse and behavioral health concerns is supported by over 100 AWY coalition’s members with the mission and focus to enhance and support those Alliance coalitions in their prevention efforts and youth development work.
The Alliance for Wisconsin Youth serves local Alliances in a variety of areas. For example, support can be provided for:
- Building and sustaining local coalitions
- Strategic Prevention Framework (assessment, capacity-building, planning, implementation, evaluation, cultural competence, and sustainability)
- Evidence-based prevention programs, policies, and practices
- Building adult/youth partnerships
- Youth leadership and engagement
- Program development
- Developmental assets, resiliency, risk, and protective factors
- Connecting to other local prevention efforts
- Information on funding sources
- Opportunities to attend learning, sharing, and networking events and to apply for scholarships to prevention conferences
- Access to national, state, and regional information.
Assistance can be provided via telephone, email, or in-person through meetings, visits or training workshops. You can request services at any time.
Assistance is provided to local coalitions that are not yet a registered Alliance member but are in the process of coalition development to become a member.
Interested in Joining?
Find more information about requirements on our Join Us page.