Coalitions and or task forces that are committed to using the Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF) and working on substance use prevention are eligible to apply to become coalition members of the Alliance for Wisconsin Youth (AWY). Any group that is interested in learning more about the AWY, the SPF, substance use prevention, and coalition work can contact the AWY Regional Prevention Centers and request technical assistance and training.
Qualifications for Alliance Membership
- The local coalition has members from at least five (5) different community sectors working together.
- Community sectors include: Youth, Parents, Business Community, Media, Schools, Youth-Serving Organizations, Law Enforcement, Civic and Volunteer Groups, Healthcare Professionals, State, Local, and/or Tribal Government agencies, Other.
- The local coalition works together towards common substance abuse prevention. Note: Single-agency Boards of Directors are not eligible to apply to the Alliance for Wisconsin Youth.
- The coalition meets regularly.
- The coalition defines its service area (e.g., neighborhoods in large metropolitan areas; a city, town, or village; part or all of a county; or multi-county).
The spirit of coalitions is people working together, representing various agencies or sectors of the community, to achieve a common goal. Much of the work of substance abuse prevention could not be accomplished without partnerships and coalitions, which join resources together to accomplish more than could be done by any one agency or individual. This is the essence of the Alliance – communities collaborating, and adults and youth working together, to support and nurture healthy, thriving youth, living in healthy communities.
If you are interested in applying to join the Alliance for Wisconsin youth, please contact us.
In addition to Local Alliances, the Alliance for Wisconsin Youth also has State Partners. State partners are not members, but work closely with AWY. We invite organizations to become a State Partner.
For the more information regarding State Partners, please contact us.