Coalitions and/or task forces that are committed to using the Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF) and working on substance use prevention are eligible to apply to become coalition members of the Alliance for Wisconsin Youth. Any group that is interested in learning more about the Alliance for Wisconsin, SPF, substance use prevention, and coalition work can contact the Alliance for Wisconsin Youth regional prevention center and request technical assistance and training.
Qualifications for Alliance for Wisconsin Membership
- The local coalition has members from at least five (5) different community sectors working together.
- Community sectors include: youth; parents; business community; media; schools; youth-serving organizations; law enforcement; civic and volunteer groups; health care professionals; and state, local, and/or tribal government agencies.
- The local coalition works together towards common substance use prevention. Note: Single-agency Boards of Directors are not eligible to apply to the Alliance for Wisconsin Youth.
- The coalition meets regularly.
- The coalition defines its service area (neighborhoods in large metropolitan areas; a city, town, or village; part or all of a county; or multi-county).
The spirit of coalitions is people working together, representing various agencies or sectors of the community, to achieve a common goal. Much of the work of substance use prevention could not be accomplished without partnerships and coalitions that join resources together to accomplish more than could be done by any one agency or individual. This is the essence of the Alliance of Wisconsin Youth – communities collaborating to support and nurture healthy, thriving youth, living in healthy communities.
If you are interested in applying to join the Alliance for Wisconsin youth, please contact us.
In addition to local members, the Alliance for Wisconsin Youth also has state partners. State partners are not members, but work closely with member coalitions.
For the more information on how to become a state partner, please contact us.