The Alliance for Wisconsin Youth
The Alliance for Wisconsin Youth (AWY) brings together coalitions, individuals and resources for a common goal that affects young people through the promotion of positive youth development. This goal of preventing substance abuse and behavioral health concerns is supported by over 100 AWY coalition’s members with the mission and focus to enhance and support those Alliance coalitions in their prevention efforts and youth development work.
Check out the website and become a member.
The updated Dose of Reality initiative is now online!
The WI Department of Health Services and Wisconsin Department of Justice has launched the updated Dose of Reality Initiative. The goal of the new initiative is to change the conversation about Wisconsin’s opioid epidemic and provides Wisconsinites with tools to prevent or reduce the risk of opioid use through conversations.
The updated Dose of Reality initiative is a series of webpages that:
- Provide information on the risks of opioids.
- Provide information about safe storage and disposal of medications to keep them out of the hands of people who may misuse them.
- Offer strategies to support people at risk of or experiencing an opioid use disorder.
- Provide information on naloxone, its availability, and how to use it to reverse an opioid overdose.
- Help people find treatment and recovery services for an opioid use disorder.
Check out the new website and partner resources at doseofrealitywi.gov!
Small Talks Campaign: How Wisconsin Prevents Underage Drinking
Promote Small Talks, Wisconsin’s underage drinking prevention campaign, in your community. You can order Small Talks campaign materials, such as fridge locks, stickers, handouts, and more. Materials are sent directly to your organization at no cost to you.
Join the Small Talks email list to receive the quarterly Small Talks newsletter and updates about this campaign.
Alcohol and Other Drug Use Statistics
Many statistics and reports on alcohol and other drug use can be found on the DHS webpage.