Join SAMHSA for a webinar highlighting an important new video series. College Drinking: Prevention Perspectives showcases underage drinking prevention strategies on and around college campuses across the nation. The first video in the series, “Lessons Learned at Frostburg State University,” explores actions taken to reduce underage and harmful drinking in the campus community, and offers educators, parents of college-age youth, and prevention organizations insights into what local prevention efforts worked at Frostburg State University.
The webinar will feature:
- An excerpt of “Lessons Learned at Frostburg State University“
- A panel of experts in the prevention field who will address:
- Alcohol’s impact on the developing brain of young adults
- How to encourage dialogue among professionals at institutions of higher education and community stakeholders around actionable strategies and tactics to prevent underage drinking
- Partnerships and programs that can help reduce underage drinking
Visit SAMHSA’s Communities Talk website for more information and resources about underage drinking prevention.
To register, go to: https://www.stopalcoholabuse.gov/webinars/2017_CDPP/default.aspx